Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Up On the Mountain.

Although I enjoy my work with special needs kids very much, it wasn't exactly my idea of fun to come back to Oregon and have to start working again. To break things up a little bit, we spent the weekend with the Jensen family up in Portland and had a blast! Words can't really describe how much fun it was, so I'll let the pictures do the talking...
Here is Emily and Candace all ready to start out a day of skiing. We went up to a small place called Cooper Spur (or something like that). 

I actually got them to pose for this one; Aunt Tricia, Candace, and Emily.

First lift trip of the day... I can't really tell if that is Kellie sitting sitting next to Emily or not. 

Wow, aren't we just great at taking pictures? We should totally be models! (From the left: Emily, Kirsten, Garret, and James)

We went out to eat with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tricia at this awesome burger joint  of the beaten path. I don't remember the name of it, but it is famous for awesome burgers (I think it is ranked in the top 5 places in Portland for burgers)

Looks like Aunt Tricia is posing here, while Uncle Jeff is watching her, and maybe chewing on a hot tatter tot.

I had a chipotle-mayo avocado burger that was awesome. Emily felt like a little of Hawaii and ordered an Aloha burger with pineapple and other yummies in it. You can also see part of a chocolate peanut butter shake there with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and peanuts on it. That was also very yummy! :D
 Back to the skiing, here is a video from the extravaganza... 

Well, I'm glad we had such a great weekend with family in Portland. Unfortunately, both Emily and I are a little under the weather, but hope to be getting well soon. Hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment