Sunday, January 27, 2013

Of Shoes and Sunshine

Just a quickie check-in today. James and I had another very busy week. School and more school is keeping us pretty busy. James has now applied for three out of the four graduate programs he is applying to this year. The last application will be in this week and then we will PARTY! 

Actually, whether or not the application gets in, we are going to party this week. My parents get in from Utah on Thursday night and on Saturday, we are running our half marathon (for the brave - read "ridiculous" - ladies) and the 10k (for the men). James and I have been hacking up a lung for a week now, so we might not be as prepared for this run as we had hoped, but we will survive. And I got these babies to encourage me to work harder for the next run. Thanks for the Nike gift card, Dad!


James and I spend a couple hours at the outlets in Woodburn on Saturday and had a fun time walking around. The weather was surprisingly sunny for a few minutes (!), so I snapped a photo to look back on in the months of rain ahead. I must admit, there are some days when I get a horrible homesick ache for Hawaii...ahhh, someday. Until then, we are so lucky to be close to our Portland fam bam. They are the sunshine in our lives right now.


And so is this little ray of sunshine that decided to grace us with HIS (!) presence in the middle of winter. This is Michael and Sarah's baby - the first grandbaby on my side of the family. He is adorable and we are so happy for his mommy and daddy. Can't wait to hopefully see him in person soon.


And on that note, I am going to take a warm bath before Monday decides to hit full force. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the love! You are my sunshine too :) Love you both! Oh, & be fast this week--or at least endure to the end :) Good luck! Those are cool looking shoes!

    ReplyDelete