Sunday, March 10, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Happy March everyone! Spring is definitely on its way, at least in Eugene. I (Emily) am pretty thrilled about the warm weather and the sunshine. My cohort had class from 9 to 5 on Saturday (I know, what were they thinking?!), but the good news was that we held class almost entirely outside. AND James and I were assigned our free garden plots this week, which I am quite excited about. We welcome any gardening advice from you expert gardeners out there about Eugene growing (what to grow, when, how, etc...we are pretty new at this). 

Anyway, I am in the midst of final papers and such this coming week. I also had an interview for a fellowship that I am waiting to hear back from, so feel free to send some love and positive thoughts this way :)

Here are some quick pics from a few weeks back when we had a gyoza (pot sticker) party with some friends from church. Good food, good company, need I say more? 



We also had dinner with some friends from BYU-Hawaii who moved here recently. It was so good to catch up with them...unfortunately we forgot to take pictures, so I guess we will just have to get together again :) I love being reminded again and again of BYU-Hawaii and the amazing experience we had there. Makes me a bit homesick for Laie, but the world seems like a much friendlier place when you know people everywhere you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment