Sunday, October 14, 2012

What starts with "A" and rhymes with bottom?!

It is definitely Autumn around here. With a capital "A". Not just fall. Fall is something that happens whether we want it to or not. Autumn is intentional celebration, the spirit of the season, good smells and fun weather, and all that jazz.

THIS is Autumn.

Training for an upcoming race and being so overwhelmed by the beautiful leaves that you end up running with your hands full of them.




I knew that giant law textbook had to be good for something...



 Making fresh apple juice.

James had a Young Men's activity where they picked fresh apples and made them into juice. Such a festive activity!



Eating all the non-festive colored M&Ms so you can decorate with the rest.


Adding canned pumpkin to your grocery cart and making pumpkin spice hot chocolate, and pumpkin french toast, and pumpkin pretty much everything.




General Conference weekend in my jammies and listening to the words of living prophets testify of Christ.

Wearing festive scarves and hats.

Going to a corn maze.



James was convinced that he could just look at this map and then get us through the maze. The highlight of my day was walking into dead end after dead end in that crazy maze.

My man's first corn maze ever! Deprived child...

Feeding the sheep

James got himself in the picture too. Clever.
Being so tempted to sing Christmas songs, but holding out to enjoy the "now".

Pretty Autumn centerpieces.




Watching "You've Got Mail". I don't know why this is on my list, but I have been dying to watch that movie ever since Autumn started...still haven't done it.

Seeing my breath in the morning on the way to school and working on my tan on the way home.

Longing, aching to be with my Sis and best friend, who I believe love Autumn as much as I do.

Taking a hike.





Scoping out the pumpkin selection every time we go to the grocery store.

Harvest decor hunting at second-hand stores to find adorable things like this scarecrow.



Missing the old tree in "Grandma's Park" and climbing it with the cousins.

A strangely strong urge to play football...that really only comes once a year for me.

Soup in bread bowls.

New board games and real quality time with family.


Feeling oddly excited about going to school...because it's Autumn. That's what we do, right?

Cinnamon rolls, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon candles.

And an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for blessings that just keep flowing and flowing.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite post yet! You are my joy and I love watching you two love life!!

    ReplyDelete