Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Happiest Place On Earth!

 So we just got back from an amazing week at Disneyland, Sea World, and Universal Studios with my (Emily's) side of the family. It was a blast, and we can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas when we will see our fam again. We miss them already! We will let the pictures do the talking this week.

Getting all ready for Grizzly Bear Rapids at California Adventures. Mom is so wise and brought us all ponchos...not that they really did any good, but at least we looked semi-cool.

My crazy hubby and Sarah Palin (aka Mom with glasses)

Michael is...nervous?


All the girls had floppy hats. Mine was a bit too floppy, so I was so clever and used a pen to keep it out of my face. It ended up looking like a sombrero though...kinda weird.

Michael stylin the floppy hat.

Apparently, I am most like Alice. This is a big change from the last five years of trying to be most like Belle. Usually, I end up with Lady (like from Lady and the Tramp...yeah, not even a human)

Mom and Anna on Dumbo

Me and Dad on Dumbo


Car crash! Michael and Sarah look incredibly calm for such a tragic wreck...but I adore Anna's face in this picture.
The San Diego temple. We tried to go, but they were closed for two weeks for renovations. Then we tried the Newport Beach temple...also closed. So we are headed to Portland this Saturday.

Sea World. This was such a magical place for me. I'm not sure James really loved it as much as I did, but I would love to go back and spend days there.


Getting ready for the Shamu show.

This picture is significant because last time I went to Sea World, I wasn't able to sit in the soak zone because I had a cast on my leg from running through a glass door. I was so thrilled to be in the soak zone this time...and oh boy, we got soaked!

Completely magical!


Dad's big surprise - a swim with the dolphins. Here he is in his wet suit getting ready to get in the freezing cold water. He was so cute - just like a little kid on Christmas. Anna was thrilled for him too.

Dad giving the dolphin a high-five.

Dad hugging the dolphin.
So we went to Universal Studios a day after we finished in Disneyland. I asked Jess to make her "How do you feel about Universal Studios" face and this is what we came up with. Lame. Totally lame. Not a magical place.


How many monkeys does it take to buy Jess a soda?



This and the Jurassic Park ride were the only things worth doing at Universal Studios. This ride was only fun because Michael got to watch contraband episodes of the Simpsons through the whole line. We were never allowed to watch that show as kids.

No, Michael is not sweating profusely. He and Jess and I went on the Jurassic Park ride three times in a row and got completely soaked. Think of Splash Mountain on steroids...with hilarious tourists that can't understand enough English to know there is an 80-foot drop and tidal wave coming just around the corner. Hilarious.
Jess and her Brother Husband...yeah, I didn't get a picture with MY hubby in front of the castle. I guess they figured this was enough :)
The Lego store. 

James's birthday gift from both me and his mom was a new Lego set. He declined twice, saying it was a waste of money and that he didn't need it.

But that all changed, and this is him right now as I write this post. Gotta love him!
We start right back into work and school tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week. Love to all our family and friends!

3 comments:

  1. What wunnify memories we made. I love Disney, love the fun we had and most of all I love all of my kiddos! Thanks again for a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! So glad you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear more about all your adventures, especially your dad swimming with the fishies! So cool! Hope to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. notes:

    1) YES YES YES to your universal studios faces.

    2) great dramatization of the car crash, unsolved mysteries should totally hire you.

    3) you ran through a glass door? how did i not know this?

    4) whats up with the anubis pic... haha

    5) thanks for taking a picture of james with my cat. :)

    love you guys. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete