Sunday, August 26, 2012

YOUgene!

Every time someone says the word, "Eugene," I want to shout "YOUgene!" Like from the movie Tangled, ya know? Cracks me up. Wish I had time to watch that movie.

And I wish I had time to write a really long and sappy blog post.

Or that I had time to do the dishes.

I also wish I had time to think about going potty before I felt like I was going to die of a bladder explosion.

But. I. Don't. Have. Time.

Welcome to the new chapter in my life. I call this chapter "Grad School Time." And I'm loving every single second of it. Wow, it feels so phenomenal to be studying exactly what I want to study without the bother of general education requirements. Every assignment, every reading, every class is focused on a topic that I want to be studying. Needless to say, it has been crazy trying to adjust to being back in school and having a heavy workload, but luckily I have the Blue Ribbon Husband for support.

Ok, a quick tour of our apartment. It's not pretty yet because - everyone say it with me - I don't have time. But we are really happy with it, especially since my awesome aunt, uncle, and cousin provided us with some amazing furniture (see below).
This is my cave...bad picture, but I love this room. It's where I spend most of my waking hours studying and studying...


Just in case anyone cares what our toilet looks like...


Our beloved king-size bed. It's enormous. The picture doesn't do it justice. After coming from a very small Japanese double to this, James and I don't know what to do with ourselves. 


From the front door looking in. Kitchen on the right.


Kitchen. I blurred this picture intentionally so you couldn't see the mess :) Please take note of that large black object I like to call an oven. Wow, I have missed that. We just had a tiny toaster oven in Japan, but I have gone crazy with a real oven and cooked brownies, meatloaf, lasagna, and so much more.


The view from the back porch. 
Pretty much, it's everything we could ask for. Clean, simple, open space that doesn't smell weird :) More on life in YOUgene to come in the following weeks. Tomorrow is our two-year anniversary, so we are going to head out to the coast after my class for a couple hour get-away before I hit the books and James hits the job hunt again. Until next week!

1 comment:

  1. this place is gorgeous! depending on where we get in, i'd be thrilled to be your neighbors! =)

    ReplyDelete