Monday, November 25, 2013

Winter is Coming!!!

I don't recall Oregon being so cold last November. This past week we had four days of below freezing mornings. I don't even remember if it got this cold at all last year. 

So this week, Emily and I started our running schedule to prepare us for our next half marathon coming up the 1st of February. Emily has had this nasty cough (doctors say it's allergies, but we haven't been able to get her to stop coughing even with allergy medicine) so we haven't had the chance to really run together yet, but I went running on a few of these cold mornings and I don't know why I have done it more than once. On Saturday it was 21 degrees when I went out at about 7am. I was out there in shorts with no gloves and I was freezing. So what did I do this morning? Luckily I don't have school at all this week so I waited until about 8:30am to run and it was much warmer. Why don't I just put on more clothes when I run and get some gloves you ask? I have been too lazy to find my gloves and I hate running in pants and jackets. The price? Cold legs and cold hands. So far my lungs have been ok. If it gets much colder, I might have to start running at the gym or something.

I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures for this week. Everything has been going well for us and we are so excited for later this week. Emily's mom, dad, and little sister Anna are driving in tomorrow. We are doing the whole Thanksgiving thing with them and some neighbors and friends. Should be a blast! Hope everyone has a nice week and that you get to relax a little bit. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment