Sunday, February 10, 2013

Roses are red; Blueberries are blue...

Just a quickie this week...school is threatening to take over our lives. We have officially passed the halfway mark for this semester though, so I (Emily) am super happy about that. AND Valentine's Day is coming up this week! I love any excuse to celebrate...National Corn Dog Day, MLK Jr. Day, you name it. Any excuse to do something out of the ordinary, something other than writing papers...

James and I are looking for a fun and inexpensive place to go out to eat for Valentine's Day. If any of our Eugene friends have suggestions, let us know.

So when my parents were here last weekend, we took a trip to Costco and bought some amazingly fresh blueberries that made me want to cry with happiness every time I ate them. We had blueberry parfaits, blueberry pancakes, blueberries and cereal. Oh yum. And now they are gone...and I have kind of become obsessed with the idea of growing our own blueberry plant on our porch. How awesome would that be, to have fresh blueberries everyday for a couple months? Ah, my mouth is watering just thinking about it...


Soooo....if anyone has any expertise in growing blueberries, let me know. We could quickly become very good friends. I'll even offer cookies in exchange for your secrets to blueberry-growing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment